His position was inside left forward (striker), his jersey number was 10, and he played for Santos Football Club from 1956-1974. First won the World Cup at age 17. Brazil’s president declared Pelé a national treasure, preventing him from signing on with a team outside of Brazil.
What are famous sayings?
- “Fortune favors the bold.” – Virgil.
- “I think, therefore I am.” – René Descartes.
- “Time is money.” –
- “I came, I saw, I conquered.” –
- “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” –
- “Practice makes perfect.” –
- “Knowledge is power.” –
- “Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.” –
Why was Pelé a hero?
Brazilian football (soccer) player Pelé is regarded as perhaps the greatest player in the history the game. In his time he was probably the most famous and possibly the best-paid athlete in the world. He was part of the Brazilian national teams that won three World Cup championships (1958, 1962, and 1970).
What did Pelé say about soccer?
Brazilian Legend Pelé has often said that soccer stars are not born. Without proper soccer training a player will never reach his full potential.